CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Starting it off.

It's December 16th. I got the bar that was in my chest for 2 years and 7 months, out. Going into the whole procedure I was excited. I couldn't sleep the night before because I couldn't wait. Gross? Yes. The three months after the surgery were the worst three months of my life (as far as physical pain goes). It was worth it. I can finally say that it was. Whether for my own sense of personal appearance, or for my well being... I can't decide which I'm more thankful for. But I got to thinking about everything I have gone through and experienced during these last two and a half years. I hadn't even met 90% of my best friends before my bar was in me. So much has changed in my life and my bar was a part of me every step of the way. It was like a character in the story of my life and its a pretty awesome landmark in my memories. Anyways. I'm kind of glad to have it out. Move on from being the kid with a bar in his chest (although i doubt i was known as that... haha). I'm going to try to blog often. I feel like it could be a good thing for me to do. Even if nobody is here to read what I say haha.

2 comments:

DiaNe said...

I know for a fact that all the kids at OHS called you The Bar Kid, they just didn't want you to find out about it.

Maybe the bar was the source of all your powers...now that it's gone, all your friends just might leave you. Maybe the bar was the only thing they liked about you.

Alright, that's a horrible thing to say.

Gavin said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA wow. i didnt know teachers were apart of the gossip chain in school. Thank goodness i have to you keep me informed.