CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Board. not Bored.

Me and Anna somehow decided we did not care what anyone thought and decided we could totally longboard down provo canyon at 12:30 at night. No moon or anything, we had one small glow stick to light the way. We thought we could totally do it with no problems. We had ridden it on scooters before and we knew it was flat for the most part and we were so confident with ourselves. My sister told us to sit down whenever we dont have to be pushing ourselves at all. Sounded simple enough. during the first quarter mile of the trail there is a really long straight trail that goes slightly downhill. We ignored the fact that we were picking up speed and we both got to a point where we didnt know if it was going to get more steep or if it was going to turn or what so we both just were screaming and stuff and we both tried to stop somehow. My tactic was one i had played over in my head just for such an occasion. I lowered myself down and tried slowing myself down with my feet. Something went wrong of course. Anna just tried to jump off and match the speed. You would think i learned my lesson, but i did the exact same thing on the same stretch of trail hahaha oh man. The rest of the way down we sat down. It was better. Once we got to Annas car parked down at Wills, anna realized she forgot her keys in my car. which was parked at the bridaveil. We got more practice on the way back up though. We actually rode the boards haha. It was a pretty crazy night, but enjoyable. I dont think i was made to longboard.

4 comments:

Allie said...

GAVIN! I can't tell you how nervous I was the whole time I was reading this. Okay, first of all, you know that I broke FIVE BONES in my arm cause I can't longboard in the middle of the day, right? So I seriously can't believe that nothing happened to you guys in the dark. Jeez, man. Be careful, buddy!

Gavin said...

HAHAHA it was so much fun though! Im borrowing Logans longboard soon and we're going to do it again! Its better at night though because theres not people for me to run into haha. We are always careful. i fall very gracefully.

Anna Wolf said...

no guts no glory

Allie said...

Oh, jeez.