CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Warm Air

I'm in Phoenix for the weekend because my cousin Skyl{er} (ar?) got home from his mission last Thursday. On the way down here I read one of my most favorite books for the third time. Its called Maybe. It sounds really emo and boring from how I'll describe it but if you love teen angst and you love dull comedy and raw emotion and struggle then this is the emo book for you. This kid brian lost his older brother in a car accident. He has a hard time coping with it, his whole family does I guess. So they move. Its about how he is struggling to find that center. The one where everything makes sense again once something has ruined the fabric of your being. He tries filling up the gaps of his life with things he thinks and hopes will make him happy again, some work, some don't. He's just really confused and hurt. Its just him trying to find a way to bring sense back into his life. Its a beautiful book and I plan on reading it on the way home again. After I finish this other book Venemous, im about half way done. its keeping my attention, but ill give you the full analysis later. This was boring. Im not even a book critic. But its just been a tough two days for me. Been down. Meh. I hope life is good for all of you. Be my friend. Be safe everyone.

1 comments:

DiaNe said...

Books have a way of saying exactly what you are thinking or feeling. Well, the good books do. It's books like that that keep me reading. Kind of like lyrics. I love the songs that are speaking right to me; like knowing someone else is feeling what I am going through.